Thursday, February 3, 2011

@AllTheGuys: Ridiculous Female Chauvinism in the name of Breast Cancer

All the guys out there,

I come fresh from a new discussion concerning a new trend of Facebook statuses that ladies have been catching on, the latest being a series of drinks. Apparently, it is a means to confuse the men as to what they mean. It is passed around among the ladies with specific instruction to only let the confusion grow by not telling the men and having them break their heads over it, not having to figure it out it in the end. The drinks trend is as below:

Tequila: I'm a single woman
Rum: I'm a touch and go woman
Champagne: I'm an engaged woman
Redbull: I'm a woman in a relationship
Beer: I'm a married woman
Vodka: I'm the "other one"
Sprite: I'm a woman that can't find the right man
Whiskey: I'm a single woman but with friends that won't stop partying
Liquor: I'm a woman that wishes she was single.
Gin: I'm a woman that wants to get married

So, if you are on Facebook, you should find some of the women on your friends list use these statuses and having a ball after they confuse the men over their meaning. Thus, I have cracked the code for you. Being a sufferer of the nonsense, and after realising it is not even worth the effort to scratching your head over it, I am compelled to get this out to as many men as I can. You women and men who side with them on the issue, I apologise for any disloyalty of any kind to your race or my own race. I am personally not in favour of the female chauvinism it causes. If by any means, this blogpost spoils your party - I apologise as well - with much glee :D

Interestingly, the trend was really not the case. The trend of mysterious statuses was started in honour of the Breast Cancer month which is October. It was intended to raise awareness for the cause, one of the more famous ones being the "I like it on the" followed by things like couch, chair, bed, table etc. This refers to where the woman likes her bag being kept. Things like shoe sizes and such have also been used in the past.

I appreciate the cause, but I wonder what the heck what it has become now got to do with Breast Cancer. I am still figuring out where the mystery actually causes Breast Cancer Awareness. It's become some really weird excuse to confuse and stake a claim to a very confusing legitimate female chauvinism of some sort . I appreciate the whole phenomenon and it's humour as long as it does not go to the head. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone to head and us clueless men scratch our heads while they laugh away at our plight.

The worst bit, which inspires this blog post, is that even if you find out what it means the "joke" is supposed to have turned right back at you only better - only God knows why. Maybe time will indeed tell, as they say. Post this blogpost, if you do come across any such new trends, it just may be an upgraded version of this trend - whatever it actually achieves in the end regardless.

Now, I hate to be a bummer but I expect them to say that I fell right in to their trap, which I very well expect but I am glad this out and that it's on my blog for people to see.

P.S.:- This post contains no intention of malice, hatred, dislike or such like intentions. It is intended to be informative and humourous at the same time. It comes from no personal dislike of anyone from me, its writer. If one is to feel any negative emotion as a result, you are welcome to comment on it or email me. I am always a man of reason. If I have won you at your game (that's if you're playing it), you may admit that I have or you may say that it's turned right back on me. As always, reason and logic rule , as much does common sense. That does not mean the emotional kind are not as welcome to get back to me on this :)

1 comment:

  1. quite intresting people on facebook sometimes have the best way of putting things i can do that by talking in gerdie ryme londoners are the best they use jail birds slang you would have seen it if you watched ostin powers michale cane is really good we allways say in the north where ganning yerm where going home

    ReplyDelete